Cup / Xfinity / Truck Press Releases

Toyota Racing NCS Post-Race Recap -- Daytona 8.29.20

DENNY HAMLIN, No. 11 FedEx Express Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing - "Just a slide job gone bad. (Tyler) Reddick threw it off into three and might have been clear, but wasn’t clear by much and started coming up the track and was losing momentum. I even had to check-up because I saw him coming and it wasn’t enough check-up and wrecked the field. I hate it for all my Interstate Batteries guys. They’ve worked so hard this year and done a great job. We put ourselves in a great spot again tonight and had a fast race car, a good driving race car and was just hoping we could maintain that position for the rest of the day and get a win, that’s what we’re trying to look for. Thought we had a shot to do that. Still 2020.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 12:44 AM, 08.30.2020

CHEVY NCS AT DAYTONA 2: Post-Race Notes and Quotes

WILLIAM BYRON, NO. 24 LIBERTY UNIVERSITY CAMARO ZL1 1LE – Race Winner - WHAT A DAY TO GET YOUR FIRST NASCAR CUP SERIES CAREER WIN! YOU PITTED FOR FOUR TIRES, GOT BACK IN TRAFFIC. AT THAT MOMENT, DID YOU THINK A WIN WAS EVEN POSSIBLE?

“Oh, yeah! I had confidence in (crew chief) Chad (Knaus) and the guys that we could get four tires and make the most of it. So, I’m just extremely blessed, and this is incredible. It’s been a hard couple of years in the Cup Series and trying to get my first win and gel with this team. These guys did an awesome job today and got us in the Playoffs and it’s amazing.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 12:35 AM, 08.30.2020

Toyota Racing NCS Post-Race Recap -- Dover 8.23.20

MARTIN TRUEX JR., No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing

How was your race today?

“Second or third, it seems like every week here. On one hand, it’s good obviously and you want to be running up front and having good finishes. On the other hand, we didn’t get any better than we were yesterday, it was actually a little bit worse. I was a little disappointed in that. These things are really, really tricky to figure out to get them right. We just had to battle hard all day long and it took us a long time to get up towards the front in our Bass Pro Shops Camry. We just battled hard with an ill-handling car all day long. Just tried to hang onto what we could and came out with a decent finish.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 9:23 PM, 08.23.2020

CHEVY NCS AT DOVER 2: Post-Race Notes and Quotes

IMMIE JOHNSON, NO. 48 ALLY CAMARO ZL1 1LE – Finished 3rd - YOU GUYS DROVE FROM THE BACK THROUGH THE FIELD, TOOK TWO TIRES, GOT TO THE LEAD, BUT WASN’T ABLE TO HOLD ON. DID YOU AGREE WITH THAT CALL?
“Yeah, I totally did. And I actually had a little bit of hope thinking that it would work thinking clean air would be so important and we were so fast the run before. There were a lot of laps on those left-side tires and it just didn’t pan out. But I really appreciate Cliff’s (Daniels, crew chief) courage to bet on me and give me a shot. We certainly improved our finish from where we were running at the time. So, all-in-all, a great call. Very proud of this Ally Chevrolet, everybody on this Ally team and all the hard work they’re putting in.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 9:20 PM, 08.23.2020

Toyota Racing NCS Post-Race Recap -- Dover 8.22.20

TOYOTA QUOTES

DENNY HAMLIN, No. 11 FedEx Office Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing

Finishing Position: 1st

What was it like to find the line to beat your teammates this afternoon?

“I’ve been running down the leaders these last few weeks, but I haven’t been able to get there. We just didn’t control that restart there and we just had to battle back. We had to go back and get it. I was able to work the top line there a little bit to get the momentum. It looked like our car was just a little bit better at moving around to different lines. Proud of this whole FedEx Office team. This Camry was fast today. It was just unbelievable how good it was. The pit crew did an amazing job. Have to thank all the partners – Toyota, Coca-Cola, the Jordan Brand, FedEx and all the employees, I appreciate them. Win 43, this is pretty awesome.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 11:29 PM, 08.22.2020

Ford Performance NASCAR: Harvick Leads Four Fords in Top 10 at Dover

EVIN HARVICK, No. 4 Mobil 1 Ford Mustang -- “I wasn’t very good all day.  Overall, our Mobil 1 Mustang just never would turn and then we got it so it wouldn’t turn and too loose.  We had trouble on pit road and had to come back in at one point, but everybody kept battling and doing everything that they could and wound up with a top five.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 11:21 PM, 08.22.2020

CHEVY NCS AT DOVER 1: Post-Race Notes and Quotes

CHASE ELLIOTT, NO. 9 MOUNTAIN DEW/TEAM RUBICON CAMARO ZL1 1LE – Finished 5th - “I think we had a decent Mountain Dew Chevrolet. We were off there to start and then had to take some extra time on pit road. Luckily, we got it close after we messed with it a good bit and made some adjustments, which helped. I was proud to be able to drive from the back, back to the front. We had some really good pit stops that put us in a decent position there too. I think we just needed a little more to run with Denny (Hamlin), Kevin (Harvick) and those guys so we will try to get a little better for tomorrow.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 11:17 PM, 08.22.2020

Team Chevy - Notes and Quotes from Daytona

CHASE ELLIOTT, NO. 9 NAPA AUTO PARTS CAMARO ZL1 1LE – Race Winner

“Our guys did a phenomenal job. We just had a phenomenal car. I don’t think I did anything very special today. I think Alan (Gustafson, crew chief) and all our guys did a really good job pitting there at the start. We made a couple really small adjustments, I felt like, there, at that first stop and I was really kind of able to leave it after that. So, I just appreciate everybody that makes this happen. Thanks to the fans.

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 8:19 PM, 08.16.2020

Toyota Racing NCS Post-Race Recap -- Daytona 8.16.20

DENNY HAMLIN, No. 11 FedEx Freight Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing Finishing Position: 2nd  How hard were you pushing in the final laps and was there anything else you could have tried?

“I just would have liked to have stayed closer to him (Chase Elliott) to put a little pressure on entries. My entries were the strong point against him, but I was giving him four car lengths so he could kind of drive the entries the way he wanted to make sure he got a good exit. I wasn’t quite clean enough the last few laps, but I definitely gav

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 8:08 PM, 08.16.2020

Ford Performance NASCAR: Daytona Road Course (NCS)

CHRIS BUESCHER, No. 17 Fastenal Ford Mustang -- Finished 5th

“That was just a fun day for our Fastenal Ford Mustang team. We needed that after a couple of hard weeks. Some decent runs and some bad luck and that was fun. I was able to mix it up and steadily work our way forward. We kept learning as we went and there at the end we got beat up. All four corners of this Mustang are beat up but we got the finish out of it. That was a good one. A good day.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 8:03 PM, 08.16.2020

Ford Performance NASCAR: Cindric and Ford Continue To Roll with Daytona Road Course Win

AUSTIN CINDRIC, No. 22 MoneyLion Ford Mustang -- VICTORY LANE INTERVIEW -- HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE DAY?  “I’m not sure anyone was really happy with their race car.  Unfortunately, I have a tough perspective of driving really fast high-grip race cars at this track, but great credit to my team -- the MoneyLion guys -- and everyone that puts this together -- Ford Performance, Roush Yates Engines, obviously everyone at Team Penske for workig hard.  That’s five wins on the year and back-to-back now.  I’m really proud of that.  I didn’t feel like I drove my best today, but we executed there at the end where it counts and that’s what makes these races so difficult to win.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 10:53 PM, 08.15.2020

Toyota Racing NXS Post-Race Recap -- Daytona 8.15.20

BRANDON JONES, No. 19 Menards/Inspire Toyota Supra, Joe Gibbs Racing

What was your perspective of today’s race?

“I had a flashback to Kansas there when they all pushed up into turn one. I hate there was a caution because I know (Austin) Cindric was lights out fast, but I think we could have at least gotten pretty close there the end to possibly winning this thing. It wouldn’t be possible without everyone at JGR, Menards, Inspire was a new sponsor for us – Special Forces Foundation. It’s been a good day here. Did not come here thinking I was going to have a shot to win the race. I stayed in the game, never locked the wheels up, stayed on track and it paid off.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 10:45 PM, 08.15.2020

Ford Performance NASCAR: Harvick Sweeps Michigan; Ford Runs Win Streak to 6

KEVIN HARVICK, No. 4 Busch Light Apple Ford Mustang -- VICTORY LANE INTERVIEW -  HOW BIG OF A CHALLENGE WAS IT AT THE END?  “It was a big challenge.  Our Busch Light Apple Ford Mustang got really tight there in three and four.  I could run really good through one and two still, but I was just tight on that other end all day.  So I’ve just got to thank all my guys.  They did a great job all weekend on pit road.  Great pit calls.  Just got to thank Haas Automation, Mobil 1, Hunt Brothers, Jimmy Johns, Fields.  Everybody who helps put this No. 4 car on the track and everybody at Stewart-Haas Racing and Roush Yates Engines for awesome power underneath the hood this weekend.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 9:00 PM, 08.09.2020

Toyota Racing NCS Post-Race Recap -- Michigan 8.9.20

TOYOTA QUOTES  DENNY HAMLIN, No. 11 FedEx Ground Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing

Finishing Position: 2nd

What more did you need in the closing laps?

“Just needed to maneuver a little bit better and I think that we could be a little better. Overall, our car handled well. Just needed a little more speed there and a little bit more handling to pass. Obviously, I thought we were definitely the fastest car by running him (Kevin Harvick) down there.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 8:53 PM, 08.09.2020

CHEVY NCS AT MICHIGAN 2: Post Race Notes & Quotes

AUSTIN DILLON, NO. 3 DOW MOBILITY SCIENCE CAMARO ZL1 1LE – Finished 8th
“It was a good day for our Bass Pro Shops/TRACKER Off Road/E-Z-GO Chevrolet team. We had to start last after going to a backup car and we were issued a pass-through penalty on lap one for making unapproved adjustments on pit road. Despite the challenges, we stayed on the lead lap in Stage 1, which just shows how fast our Chevy was today. The race played out pretty similar to yesterday with strategy and the call to take fuel-only on our last pit stop. We were digging at the end of the race, moving from outside the top 15 to eighth. I thought we had something for seventh but just ran out of laps. It feels good to work as a team to overcome what we had to, and to finish the race as the first Chevrolet in the field. Thanks to Johnny Morris and Bass Pro Shops, Tracker Off Road and everyone at Textron and E-Z-GO for their support.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 8:47 PM, 08.09.2020

Ford Performance NASCAR: Harvick Collects Fifth Win as Mustang Sweeps Saturday in NASCAR

KEVIN HARVICK, No. 4 Busch Light Apple Ford Mustang -- VICTORY LANE INTERVIEW  EVERYONE WE TALK TO SAID THEY DIDN’T HAVE ANYTHING FOR YOUR CAR TODAY. HOW DOMINANT AND HOW STRONG WAS YOUR MUSTANG TODAY? “Yeah, the restarts were obviously a handful but our Busch Light Apple Ford Mustang was really fast today and we held on for the long run and would really go on the short run and did everything we needed it to do. I gotta thank everyone from Busch Light Apple, Mobil 1, Hunt Brothers, Jimmy Johns, Haas Automation and everyone from Ford. I know they love to win here and we are glad to bring that trophy to them.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 11:06 PM, 08.08.2020

Toyota Race Recap at Michigan 1

MARTIN TRUEX JR., No. 19 Auto Owners Insurance Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing

How do you think you faired today after the cutdown tire early in the race?

“It was a good day. I just made a little mistake there and barely rubbed the 8 (Tyler Reddick) car off (turn) two there and I guess cut both of our tires down. I really don’t know how it happened. My bad on that one. I hate it for Tyler, it messed up his day early as well. We just fought back. The Auto Owners Camry was really strong. If we could ever have gotten to the front, I think we would have had something for them. Lots of restarts and they’re crazy here. A couple of them didn’t work out. The last one did. Really good car and really good job by the guys coming back like that. Just need a little bit more.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 11:04 PM, 08.08.2020

TEAM CHEVY NOTES & QUOTES: MICHIGAN 1

CHASE ELLIOTT, NO. 9 NAPA AUTO PARTS CAMARO ZL1 1LE – Finished 7th“We had a strong restart there at the end of the race from the inside lane. When that next caution came out, I just didn’t see it playing out the same way twice, so I chose to go to outside lane. Our NAPA Chevrolet was just tight all day and the team worked hard to try and get it dialed in - they had a solid day on pit road. I think we learned a few things today that we can hopefully use tomorrow.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 11:03 PM, 08.08.2020

'Choose' Rule Coming to NASCAR's Top Series

'Choose' Rule Coming to Cup Races: NASCAR Announces Two Procedure Changes Ahead of Playoffs; Performance Metrics Set Starting Lineup, Busch Pole Award & Cometic Gaskets Pole Award
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (August 6, 2020) – NASCAR today announced two competition procedure changes that it will implement ahead of the Playoffs in all three national series.

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 6:27 PM, 08.06.2020

Chevy Notes from New Hampshire

CHASE ELLIOTT, NO. 9 NAPA AUTO PARTS CAMARO ZL1 1LE – Finished 9th  “We were hoping to have a better finish today. I felt like we were making some ground up there late in stage two and at the start of the final stage. Then those guys got ahead of us when we stayed out and they pitted. That got us back in traffic and our drive off wasn’t good enough to drive back through the field like some of those other guys. Definitely not where we want to be, so we’ll keep working and trying to get it better.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 10:34 PM, 08.02.2020

Team Penske and Front Row Notes

No. 2 Wester Star/Alliance Parts Ford Mustang – Brad Keselowski
Start: 4th
Stage 1: 5th
Stage 2: 1st - Sixth stage win of the 2020 season
Finish: 1st – Third win of the 2020 season
Status: Running
Laps Completed: 301/301
Laps Led: 184
Point Standings (behind first): 2nd (-81)

Notes:

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 10:01 PM, 08.02.2020

Ford Performance NASCAR: Keselowski Gives Mustang 11th Cup Win of 2020

BRAD KESELOWSKI, No. 2 Western Star/Alliance Parts Ford Mustang -- VICTORY LANE INTERVIEW   WHAT KIND OF STATEMENT WAS THAT TODAY?  “We’ve had a lot of great races this year with the 2 car, but we just haven’t really went out and kind of dominated a race.  Talking to Jeremy Bullins and like, ‘Man, what do we need to get to that next level?  We’re right there.  We need to go out and just dominate a race,’ and that’s what today was for us with the Western Star/Alliance Parts Ford Mustang.  I’m really proud of my team and the effort that they gave today.  A great race car and to all of Team Penske, thank you.  Its so great to be racing back in front of fans again.  It feels like forever, so welcome back, guys.”

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 9:56 PM, 08.02.2020

Toyota Racing NCS Post-Race Recap -- New Hampshire 8.2.20

TOYOTA QUOTES

DENNY HAMLIN, No. 11 FedEx Express Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing

Finishing Position: 2nd

Were you battling your car just a little too much to get to Brad Keselowski in the closing laps?

“We just kind of were second there to the 2 (Brad Keselowski). We could really do well on restarts and we were going back-and-forth. Wow, that was some really, really good short track racing there. Hopefully the fans liked what they saw there with me and the 2 for most of the day. Some great side-by-side racing. We treated each other fair and it’s good that we got one-two

Volume 2020, Issue 8, Posted 9:49 PM, 08.02.2020

CarParts.com Makes Winning Bid in Auction of All-Star Bumper in Support of MRO Company to Make Additional Donation to Victory Junction

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (July 29, 2020) - CarParts.com, the e-commerce auto parts company, recently made the winning bid of $20,034 to own the one-of-a-kind memento from the first-ever NASCAR All-Star race at the Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway with all proceeds benefiting Motor Racing Outreach (MRO). Now, CarParts.com will pay it forward by making an additional donation of $20,043 to Victory Junction in honor of Darrell "Bubba" Wallace, Jr., and Richard Petty Motorsports (RPM).

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 8:27 PM, 07.29.2020

Team Penske and Front Row Motorsports Texas 1 Reports

No. 2 WURTH Ford Mustang – Brad Keselowski
Start: 6th
Stage 1: 25th
Stage 2: 14th
Finish: 9th
Status: Running
Laps Completed: 334/334
Laps Led: 15
Point Standings (behind first): 3rd (-106)

Notes:

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 10:28 PM, 07.19.2020

CHEVY NCS AT TEXAS 1: Post-Race Notes and Quotes

AUSTIN DILLON, NO. 3 BASS PRO SHOPS / TRACKER OFF ROAD CAMARO ZL1 1LE – Race Winner

IT’S BEEN 88 RACES SINCE AUSTIN DILLON GOT TO DO THIS – CELEBRATE WITH A WIN IN THE CUP SERIES. MAYBE THIS ONE A LITTLER SWEETER. YOU HAD TO DO IT ON THREE DIFFERENT RESTARTS WITH GUYS LIKE KYLE BUSCH, JOEY LOGANO AND KEVIN HARVICK BEHIND YOU. AUSTIN, THERE’S FANS THERE CHEERING YOU ON. HOW ABOUT THAT?

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 9:51 PM, 07.19.2020

Ford Performance NASCAR: Five Fords Post Top-10 Cup Finishes at Texas

JOEY LOGANO, No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Ford Mustang -- WHAT WAS LACKING YOUR ABILITY TO CHASE DOWN THE FRONT TWO?  “Air-pressure.  Air is what cost us there.  Air-pressure in the tires, just on the splitter too much firing off.  It took us 15 laps to get rolling.  Our long run speed was incredible, but it took too long and the guys up front were smart, they put fuel only and kept their car off the splitter in three and four over the bumps and maintained the clean air and just couldn’t do it.  I could make runs, but I’d get to three and four and start chattering up the racetrack and had these big moments.  Overall, I’m proud of what the Shell/Pennzoil Ford team did today, scoring a second-place in the second stage and a third in the finish.  It’s not a win, especially when you come to Texas and all the fans here.  Thank you guys for coming out, but it’s not the win we were hoping for as I look at the fire in Victory Lane is super-cool, but it’s progress.  We’ve had a little rough streak on these 550 races, so I’ll take it as a little bit of a momentum-builder.”

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 9:24 PM, 07.19.2020

Ford Performance -Texas Xfinity Race Quotes

AUSTIN CINDRIC, No. 22 MoneyLion Ford Mustang

(POST-INSPECTION COMMENTS)

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT AND NOW YOU HAVE A THREE-RACE WINNING STREAK.  “Obviously, it’s great to be able to get the MoneyLion Ford Mustang in Victory Lane no matter how it happens.  It’s a great points day for that.  I just got out of the hauler from getting changed back into my street clothes and saw the 54 and everyone and their brother surrounding the scales, so that’s never a good sign for those guys.  I know they race hard and work hard.  I want to win it on track.  I felt like we had a shot to do that today and maybe didn’t execute as well as we should have and that’s what kept us out, but fast race cars and being in position that’s where it counts.”

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 11:44 PM, 07.18.2020

VICTORY LANE QUOTES -- Toyota NGROTS Race Quotes

KYLE BUSCH, No. 51 Cessna Toyota Tundra, Kyle Busch Motorsports Finishing Position: 1st How was the race tonight overall and were you concerned with the late-race caution?“We had two late cautions today – both races, but this one was a little more for real I think. Overall, just real proud of the effort by Christian Eckes and that Safelite Autoglass Tundra that he’s driving with Rudy Fugle (Eckes crew chief) and those guys. They’re getting their chemistry better and better and they challenged for a win tonight. Real proud of them, but wanted to go out on a high here with our Cessna Beechcraft Tundra. I want to thank Toyota, TRD, Incredible Bank, Rowdy Energy and all of our partners. We lost a member of Rowdy Manufacturing this week essentially, Robert Hamke, who built super late model cars across the country, but in North Carolina for year. He just passed away this week and that’s essentially what Rowdy Manufacturing is now. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.”

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 11:34 PM, 07.18.2020

Toyota Racing NCS Post-Race Recap -- All-Star Race 7.15.20

KYLE BUSCH, No. 18 M&M’s Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing

Finishing Position: 2nd

What were you fighting in the closing laps with the top groove?

“It just wasn’t quite wide enough. If it had been a little bit wider and you could carry a little more speed with it, I might have had a chance. I tried to run up there early in the last stage to make it go a little earlier than I probably should have. I went back down because I knew I wasn’t going to catch him (Chase Elliott) or pass him there and I had to do something different. I just tried and I think we inched up a little closer on him, but that was about it. The M&M’s Camry, we’re trying hard and we’re running okay. It seemed like we were mired in 10th most of tonight and then the last couple adjustments really helped us. Adam (Stevens, crew chief) did a great job helping the car and making it better.

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 11:43 PM, 07.15.2020

CHEVY NCS AT BRISTOL ALL-STAR: Chase Elliott Race Winner Quick Quote

CHASE ELLIOTT, NO. 9 UNIFIRST CAMARO ZL1 1LE – RACE WINNER QUOTES IN THE FAMILY DNA. MILLION DOLLARS, WHAT’S IT MEAN TO WIN THIS EVENT, THIS NIGHT, AT THIS TRACK?
“I can’t believe it. What a better night to have fans back than tonight - y’all are awesome. There’s nothing like Bristol. There’s nothing like the lights here. There’s nothing like racing here. I’ve never won here – what a race to do it. Just really proud of our team tonight and rebounding. We’ve had a really tough couple of weeks and just felt like we had kind of gotten off base and I felt like I was struggling. Just tried to hit the reset button this week, and came out and put on a great performance – great car. Just can’t thank all our partners enough, everybody that makes this happen. All those No. 9 hats and t-shirts up in the stands – love to see it.”

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 11:39 PM, 07.15.2020

Ford Performance NASCAR: All-Star Race Post-Race Quotes

KEVIN HARVICK, No. 4 Busch Light Apple Ford Mustang -- YOU WENT FROM 10TH TO THIRD IN THE FINAL 15 LAPS.  ANYTHING DIFFERENT YOU COULD HAVE DONE?  “There were a couple laps there that I had to spend a little more time in traffic than I needed to to get back to the front, but our Busch Light Apple Ford Mustang guys did a good job.  I think that was the right call.  That was our only chance.  We weren’t gonna beat the 9 where we were sitting on the same tires, so it all came down to getting past those cars for the first couple laps, but, in the end, it was definitely one lane.  Much different than I thought it was gonna be.”

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 11:33 PM, 07.15.2020

Ford Performance NASCAR: Custer Win Gives Ford Six Guaranteed Starters in All-Star Race

FORD PERFORMANCE NASCAR: ALL-STAR RACE NOTES Cole Custer’s win on Sunday added one more Ford driver to the All-Star Race lineup on Wednesday night at Bristol Motor Speedway.  The annual event will be at a track other than Charlotte Motor Speedway for only the second time in NASCAR history with the Open scheduled to start at 7 p.m., followed by the main event at 8:30.

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 1:40 AM, 07.14.2020

Team Penske NASCAR Cup Series Race Report - Kentucky

No. 2 Snap-on Ford Mustang – Brad Keselowski

• Brad Keselowski grabbed his fourth stage win of the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series season on the way to a ninth-place finish in the Quaker State 400 Sunday afternoon at Kentucky Speedway.  The driver of the Snap-on Ford Mustang grabbed his 12th top-10 in 17 races this season and collected his seventh top-10 in 10 starts at Kentucky Speedway. Keselowski moved up to second in the NASCAR Cup Series driver standings, 88 points behind leader Kevin Harvick.
Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 12:07 AM, 07.13.2020

DiBeneditto, McDowell, and Nemechek Quotes

MATT DIBENEDETTO, No. 21 Menards/Quaker State Ford Mustang -- HOW WILD WAS IT AT THE FINISH?  “Man, it was crazy.  We had a really good car.  I mean, we could have contended for the win.  It was really fast, but lost track position when things shuffled around and we had to do the wave around.  Me and my spotter, I’ve got to give him a lot of credit, Doug Campbell, I told him we should win some sort of restart award.  We were 18th because of track position how it cycled out with like seven to go.  We had two monstrous restarts and then pushed Cole to the win there, which kind of felt cool.  Good for him.  Congrats, but this is a big race for us having the Menards/Quaker State Ford Mustang in the Quaker State 400, so I wish we could have won it, but circumstances didn’t work out.  We’ll take a strong finish and a really fast car.”

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 8:03 PM, 07.12.2020

Ford Performance NASCAR: Custer Wins First Cup Race; Mustang's 10th Win of 2020

COLE CUSTER, No. 41 HaasTooling.com Ford Mustang -- VICTORY LANE INTERVIEW -- “We were so good all day.  Our car was so good.  I mean, obviously, it wasn’t the easiest track to pass on, so we were kind of stuck back there, but that was the best car I’ve ever driven in my life.  Everybody at SHR brought an unbelievable car.  Mike and Davin on the box, that was unbelievable.  Gene, I can’t stress enough how thankful I am for him taking a shot on me.  It definitely was not the start to the year that we wanted.  We were definitely way off at some places, but this was by far an unbeilevable car.  We put it all together and I just can’t thank everybody enough.”

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 7:52 PM, 07.12.2020

CHEVY NCS AT KENTUCKY: Post-Race Notes and Quotes

TEAM CHEVY NOTES AND QUOTES:KURT BUSCH, NO. 1 MONSTER ENERGY CAMARO ZL1 1LE – Finished 5th  “We ran strong, we raced tough. We weren’t quite able to rekindle last year’s success, but a top-five is solid. Thanks to Monster, Chevrolet and the everyone on this No. 1 team. Looking forward to seeing everyone Wednesday night in Bristol go the All- Star Race!”

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 7:47 PM, 07.12.2020

Toyota Racing NCS Post-Race Recap -- Kentucky 7.12.20

MARTIN TRUEX JR., No. 19 Auto Owners Insurance Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing Finishing Position: 2ndYou came from the back to a second-place finish and nearly the win, can you talk about the closing laps?

“It was fun. I can’t say enough about the guys on this Auto Owners Camry. Everybody back at JGR (Joe Gibbs Racing) really went to work this week to try to get back to what we used to do here. Just hats off to the guys – James (Small, crew chief) and everybody. Just an unbelievable race car. In the end there, just a bit unlucky losing the lead to (Ryan) Blaney on that first restart by a couple thousandths and then again to the 4 (Kevin Harvick) when the caution came out. We were side-by-side. That’s kind of the way these things go sometimes. I’m really proud of the effort. Super-fast race car and feel like we’re back in the game now.”

What happened on the final restart?

Volume 2020, Issue 7, Posted 7:35 PM, 07.12.2020