AUDI - LeMans Coverage
Audi at 24 Hours of Le Mans: Tune-In Schedule
• Live stream of press conference at 8:00 a.m. EDT on Fri, June 21; live race broadcast of 24 Hours of Le Mans on SPEED and SPEED.com Sat., June 22 and Sun., June 23
• Follow @Audi, @Audi_Sport and #LM24 on social media for real-time content and updates
• Audi to debut new :30 TV spot during the race
Audi fans in North America can share in the excitement as Audi goes for its 12th win at 24 Hours of Le Mans this weekend, Sat., June 22 and Sun., June 23. On the 90th anniversary of the world’s most important endurance race, Le Mans record winner Tom Kristensen (eight wins) expects to be in contention for a top result with his current team-mates Loïc Duval (F) and Allan McNish (GB). The team will compete in an Audi R18 e-tron quattro with optimized aerodynamics at Le Mans.
A complete tune-in schedule is as follows:
Live press conference -- On Fri., June 21 at 8:00 a.m. EDT, watch the presentation of the drivers and teams, remarks by Audi racing and technical experts, and more during a live stream of the Audi Sport Press Conference from Le Mans. Visit www.audimedia.tv
National Broadcast -- Viewers can tune in to the race on the SPEED channel:
Saturday, June 22
• Le Mans 24 Hours (The Start) 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. EDT (SPEED; Live)
• Le Mans 24 Hours 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EDT (www.SPEED.com; Live)
• Le Mans 24 Hours 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. EDT (SPEED; Live)
• Le Mans 24 Hours 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. EDT (www.SPEED.com; Live)
• Le Mans 24 Hours 7:30 p.m. – Midnight EDT (SPEED; Live)
Sunday, June 23
• Le Mans 24 Hours (The Finish) Midnight – 9:30 a.m. EDT (SPEED; Live)
Streaming broadcast -- Watch the entire race live at www.audi-liveracing.com
Social media – The Audi social media team will provide real time multimedia updates throughout the weekend.
• Follow live tweets - @Audi, @Audi_Sport and #LM24
• Follow Audi Sport Facebook updates - http://facebook.com/AudiSport
• Follow @Audi on Instagram - http://instagram.com/audi and #LM24
New :30 TV spot -- During the Le Mans broadcast, Audi will air a new :30 spot called “Belief” featuring Leena Gade, the brand’s first winning female engineer. As part of the team that led Audi to multiple victories at Le Mans, Gade talks about the obstacles she faced in her path to becoming a successful motorsports engineer and the inspirations that have motivated her along the way. The spot was created by Venables Bell & Partners.
Watch the spot here: http://www.audiusanews.com/videogallery/view/1700687a32938/0/audi-belief.
History of Audi at Le Mans – Le Mans 2013 will be a year of historic dimensions. The inaugural event of the endurance race was held 90 years ago. Audi has been transferring a wealth of innovations from motorsports to its products for more than 30 years. Customers profit from ideas such as quattro four-wheel drive and leading-edge TDI and TFSI engines as well as the most recent innovations in the field of active safety.
For a visual of Audi’s participation at Le Mans over the past 30 years, please visit: http://audi.us/17pFBv8.
A history of innovations can be viewed at: http://audi.us/1bSP6z2.
For more information on Audi Sport, please visit: www.audi-liveracing.com
- End -
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2012, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. Through 2016, AUDI AG will invest about $17 billion on new products, facilities and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and business topics.
Has been a contributor to RIS since 1992. He was invited to join the staff as a full-time reporter/editor in 1995. Tom has reported on IndyCar, Formula 1, NASCAR and the 24 Hours of Le Mans. In addition to his RIS work, Tom has been a contributor for General Motors, Nissan, Toyota and the ACO.